Delivery time 25 days
The Seletek Limpet is the smallest and most recent Seletek.
With a small 12V battery and the wifi interface, no cables coming out of the telescope!
- new focuser controller
- very small enclosure
- central hole to easily attach the Limpet to the telescope using a single screw
- Wifi and USB connection
- Very low power requirements (30mA idle connected to wifi, 530mA focusing with our standard motor)
- Optional external wifi antenna needed if the wifi signal is weak - if the wifi access point is in the observatory it won't be necessary
- Optional external temperature sensor
- all the time-proven Seletek Armadillo and Platypus software will work with it. Just one device at any time.
- Including a screw locking 2.1x 5.5mm jack for safe attachment of power cable
- 5.5 / 2.1mm standard jack, centre positive, 12V dc (13.8V as supplied by some batteries is valid)
- ASCOM and INDILib enabled
|The focuser, rotator and filter wheel software are ASCOM compliant|
|And, also Linux / INDIlib driver for the focuser!|
With the Limpet you can:
- Control one focus motor
- Control one rotator motor
- Independent control of any controller pin, manual or automated (depending on temperature delta), useful not only for fan control but also for dew heater bands.
- Control of the VSI's "Zerotator"
- "Seletek à la carte" allows you to customize your Seletek (original or Armadillo or Limpet) to match you specific needs
- ... and we always accept suggestions, please contact us.
- And in the next future...
- - focus from your smartphone via web interface
- - ASCOM Alpaca (inside)
- And in the next future...
- Focuser controller
- Outputs: 4 power digital outputs (up to 1A)
- Inputs: 3 analogical-digital inputs (1 for the temperature external sensor, 2 protected with resettable fuses)
- PC connection via USB and Wifi
- Size: 70 * 70 * 26 mm
- Weight: <85 gr.
- External power supply 12V dc (13.8V as supplied by some batteries is valid)
- The software supports any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 10, 32bit, 64bit)
- ASCOM compliant software (focuser & rotator)
- INDIlib focuser driver
- Will work with FocusMax, MaximDL, CCDCommander, ACP, CCD AutoPilot, SGPro, Voyager, APT... and any ASCOM aware astronomy software
The Limpet includes the power supply cable, with screwed on terminal, and a tripod thread screw.
- external temperature sensor
- external wifi antenna (needed if the wifi signal is weak - if the wifi access point is in the observatory it won't be necessary)
- power supply cable for car lighter plug
- USB cable
You can purchase just the controller (this item) for your existing motorized focuser, or a complete set "Seletek LIMPET kit" which includes:
- LIMPET controller
- stepper motor,
- brackets (focusers adapted to Seletek)(1) and
- stepper motor connection cable
(1) Select your focuser model focuser according to the images shown here
- Control a "step and dir" controller.
- Controlling a DC motor with the Seletek Armadillo
- Upgrade to new software and firmware versions (sw 3.0, fw 2.0)
- Use two Atik motorized filter wheels
- Control cooling fans and dew heaters
- Control an Atik Motorized FW with the Seletek
- Erase Seletek's firmware the hard way
- Update the firmware with ATMEL's utilities